Life is full of surprises - both good and bad. These surprises can result in significant life changes, and in some cases, changes in your insurance needs.
That's why it's crucial to have a trusted insurance agent like Rathbun Insurance to navigate your insurance needs and ensure you have the right coverage at the right price. Here are some life events that should prompt you to give us a call:
- Buying a New Car - Your insurance agent can you get a better value by educating you on the best type of coverage for your new vehicle as well as any discounts that may be available. For example, you may be eligible for a discount if your new car has safety features such as anti-lock brakes, airbags, or a backup camera.
- Moving to a New Home - Moving to a new home can mean changes in your insurance rates. Your insurance agent can help you update your coverage and ensure that your new home is protected. They can also discuss ways to lower your overall insurance costs, such as bundling your home and auto insurance policies or installing security systems that may qualify you for discounts.
- Getting Married - Combining two households and insurance policies can lead to savings. Your insurance agent can help you review your policies together and find ways to lower your insurance costs by consolidating policies, increasing coverage limits, or taking advantage of discounts for married couples. Multicar credits can generate additional savings.
- Having a Baby - Adding a new family member means new insurance needs. Your insurance agent can help you update your policies to include coverage for your new baby, such as life insurance. They can also help you find ways find the best value on these policies, such as comparing rates with multiple carriers and taking advantage of available discounts.
- Starting a Business - Starting a business can be costly, but having adequate insurance coverage can protect your investment. Your insurance agent can help you determine the best policies to cover your business, such as general liability, property insurance, and workers' compensation insurance. They can also help you find ways to find the best value on these policies by comparing rates and taking advantage of available discounts.
- Retiring - As you approach retirement, your insurance needs may change. Your insurance agent can help you evaluate your coverage and find ways to ensure the most advantageous rates. For example, you may be eligible for discounts on your auto insurance if you're no longer commuting to work or you may be able to adjust your life insurance coverage to better align with your new retirement needs.
By keeping your insurance agent informed of significant life events, you can ensure that you have the right coverage at the right price. Rathbun Insurance can help you manage your insurance expenses by providing expert advice, reviewing your policies regularly, and finding ways to take advantage of available discounts. Give us a call today to discuss your insurance needs and how we can help make sure you’re protected.