Skip to content Accessibility info

Rathbun Insurance Blog

All You Ever Wanted to Know About Insurance

Call Us Before You Hit the Road in Your Motorhome or RV

You may have home insurance, and auto insurance, but is your motorhome properly covered? Let's make sure you have the right protections in place before you set off on that epic road trip. 

Liability insurance? It’s the law

In most states, you are legally required to have at least liability insurance for your RV. Our liability coverage includes:

  • Injuries and property damage you’re responsible for
  • Personal injury and medical payments if you get hurt in an accident
  • Adaptable limits and deductibles so you can tailor your coverage, from the minimum required by your state to full protection 

Insurance for parts, personal belongings and more

Insurance for your motorhomes' parts is available under multiple coverages. Most of these include protection for your personal belongings contained within the vehicle, as well:

  • Collision coverage if your RV gets into an accident
  • Comprehensive coverage for theft, vandalism, fire or weather-related incidents
  • Underinsured/uninsured motorist coverage in case the other driver doesn’t have any insurance, or doesn't have enough insurance
  • Customization coverage for aftermarket upgrades that change the performance or appearance of the vehicle

We’ve got you covered

We insure all types of RVs, including:

  • Travel trailer for non motorized RVs
  • Motorhome for Classes A, B and C
  • Pop-up camper for campers that collapse and are towed behind your vehicle
  • Slide-on camper for RVs that slide onto the bed of a truck
  • Fifth-wheel trailer for travel trailers that mount onto the bed of a pickup truck

Additional coverage options:

  • Roadside assistance insurance to cover your expenses if you break down away from home, including towing, meals and lodging
  • Vacation liability insurance to cover you if someone is injured at your campsite or vacation property
  • Total loss replacement to replace your RV or trailer with the same model or later if there’s a covered loss
  • International travel for trips that cross U.S. borders

Ways to save

  • Our full-time insurance covers your motorhome if you decide to live in it year-round. For your property, you’ll get additional coverage that's similar to a homeowners policy.
  • We also offer discounts for safe drivers, defensive driving classes, anti-theft and safety devices, and multiple vehicles insured with us.

Don’t leave without reaching out!

Give us a call to learn more about how you can protect your home on wheels.